Week of August 19, 2013
To help you keep up with what’s going on with kids, families, schools, and technology, we’ve compiled a list of stories, tips, and insights, we’ve found most useful over the past week. What have you been reading? Tell us below or Tweet @TrendISKF.
- OPINIONS: In the wake of the UK’s push for censorship, a range of experts debate Can Free Speech and Internet Filters Co-Exist?
- Glenn O’Farrell shares how mobile apps are changing the way kids learn and why parents and educators must adapt to this.
- FOR TEACHERS: Two resources of note for educators. The new Graphite from Common Sense Media provides reviews of educational apps by teachers, for teachers. And the redesigned Apple Education site..
- STAT: Another stellar rise. Twitter-owned video-sharing app Vine announced this week it has surpassed 40 million users.
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced a new tech industry alliance to cut the cost of delivering mobile Internet access to billions worldwide.
See you next week!