2:00 PM EDT 11:00 AM PDT
Can We Save the Internet?
A Media Literacy Week Discussion
From cybercrime to online extremism, misinformation to online trolls, the internet is littered with toxins that have become increasingly complex and more difficult to eradicate. Hear from experts in cybercrime, misinformation, online hate, and online inauthentic behavior (or “bots”) as we discuss the rise of online pollution and how we might save the internet.
- Chloe Colliver, Head of Digital Policy and Strategy, Institute for Strategic Dialogue
- Eric Effron, Editorial Director, NewsGuard
- Stephen Hilt, Senior Threat Researcher, Trend Micro
- Darren L. Linvill, Associate Professor, Department of Communication, Clemson University
ModeratorLynette Owens, Founder & Global Director, Internet Safety for Kids and Families Program, Trend Micro
Hosted byNewsGuard and Trend Micro
Meeting ID: 967 9348 9082
You may be asked for a password, please use: 105691
7:00 PM EDT 4:00 PM PDT
Family Tech Talk Night – Virtual Edition
Brought to you by PTO Today and Trend Micro
We look forward to hosting you at tonight’s event! A few reminders:
- The session will run about 1 hour.
- Attendees will not be seen or heard. Only the presenter will be seen and the presenter will be heard in English and an interpreter will be heard in Spanish.
- The session will be recorded in English for later viewing.
- You can listen to the session in English or Spanish. Please select Spanish/Espanol by clicking on the Interpretation symbol at the bottom of the screen:
- You can submit questions during the session using the Q&A button, but there will also be time for questions at the end. The presenter will remain on as long as needed.
- You may receive a request to complete a short survey at the close of the session. We appreciate any feedback you can provide!
- Those who complete the feedback and provide an email address will be entered to win a 1-year license of Trend Micro Maximum Security, to protect up to 5 devices in your home (laptops, desktops, or mobile devices).
Presented byLynette Owens, Founder & Global Director, Internet Safety for Kids and Families Program, Trend Micro
Meeting ID: 985 9841 5633
You may be asked for a password, please use: 220518
Kids and Media Trends to Watch
Guest: David Kleeman, Senior Vice President of Global Trends, Dubit and Vice President, National Association for Media Literacy Education
Over the last several months, we have seen an unprecedented rise in internet use partially driven by our children’s time online. What are some of the most popular types of media, games, and brands right now? Why have they been so popular? Find out how kids’ media behaviors have changed over recent months and what the future may hold.
Managing Family Life Online
Trend Micro’s Internet Safety for Kids and Families’ FREE webinar series is designed to educate communities on a wide range of topics and challenges facing families online today.
Each event runs approximately 45 minutes including Q&A and is recorded for later viewing.